Apart from two new flagship phones, Sony’s keynote at this year’s IFA also marked the introduction of a new mid-range handset – the XA1 Plus. The smartphone flaunts a familiar design and a 23-megapixel primary lens. It is expected to go on sale starting on October 20th at a sticker price of $379.99(unlocked).
As far as the rest of the features are concerned, the XA1 Plus offers most of the trappings typical to a mid range phone including a 5.5-inch Full HD panel up front and an octa-core MediaTek Helio P20 processor underneath. Furthermore, there is 3/4 gigs of RAM, 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB via a MicroSD card, Android Nougat, and lastly, a 3,430mAh non-removable battery which supports Sony’s proprietary Pump Express+ 2.0 quick charging. In addition to that, it comes with a side-mounted fingerprint reader as well unless you live in the US.
The new XA1 Plus’ major highlight, however, lies in the camera setup which it has inherited from the almost two-year old Xperia Z5. On the rear, you’ll find a 23-megapixel f/2.3 sensor which comes with 5x Clear Image Zoom and Sony SteadyShot for stable recording. Moreover, it’s equipped with an 8-megapixel front-facing Exmor R sensor which, in theory, shouldn’t disappoint in any lighting condition.
The company hasn’t skimped on networking features as a result of which the smartphone includes support for LTE Cat 6 or Cat 4, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, aptX support for better audio and a USB Type-C port on the bottom. The XA1 Plus will be available in four color options – Black, Blue, Pink, and Gold.
Sony Xperia XA1 Plus Specifications
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8.7 mm; Weight: 190g
- 5.5-inch Full HD display, Image Enhance Technology
- MediaTek Helio P20 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor clocked at 2.3GHz, ARM Mali T880 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Single/Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 23MP, LED flash, 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Hybrid AF, SteadyShot
- Front Camera: 8MP, 1/4″ Exmor R sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 23mm wide-angle lens
- 3430mAh battery, Qnovo Adaptive fast charging