Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is set to debut in India soon. The South Korean electronics firm has sent out media invites for the launch. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 India launch is set to take place on September 12. The phablet apparently made its international debut just a fortnight back.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 follows the Note 7 debacle last year. A large section of Samsung diehards who had pre-ordered the Note 7 soon after launch but failed to receive it would be eagerly waiting for the new Note 8. With that said, the Samsung Note 8 shares a lot in common with the Galaxy S8+, especially when it comes to the display size and internals. The main differences lie in the presence of a S-Pen, dual rear camera setup and 6GB RAM as standard.
As per some retailers we have spoken to, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is expected to be priced around Rs 74,990. This means that it would cost a lot more when compared to the Galaxy S8+ or even the Apple iPhone 7 Plus.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with a 6.3 inch QHD+ 18.5:9 display. Internally, it rocks the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa core chip and 6GB RAM. Apart from that, the Galaxy Note 8 comes in two storage variants – 64GB and 128GB. Furthermore, it also has a MicroSD card for memory expansion. Coming to the cameras, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 uses a dual rear camera setup comprising of a 12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel wide angel and a 12MP f/2.4 telephoto shooter. Both cameras are equipped with OIS.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
- 6.3 inch QHD+ (2,960 x 1,440p) Super AMOLED Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa Core Processor
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB Internal Storage + Upto 2TB Expandable Storage (via MicroSD)
- DualRear Camera (12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel Wide Angle + 12MP f/2.4 Telephoto Sensors) with OIS and 2X Zoom
- 8MP Autofocus Front Camera
- 3,300mAh Battery with Quick Charge 2.0
- FingerprintSensor, Samsung DeX, S-Pen and IP68 Certification
- Android Nougat 7.1.1 with TouchWiz UI