Alongside the Nubia Z17S, the ZTE sub-brand has announced a new midrange smartphone. It’s called the Nubia Z17 miniS. As you can assume from the name, it’s a trimmed down variant of the Nubia Z17S.
The Nubia Z17 miniS shares a lot in common with its bigger brother, especially when it comes to the design. The smartphone rocks an all-glass design with metal to the sides. Even the rear glass has curved edges thereby giving the Nubia Z17 miniS a nice in hand feel.
Up front, the Nubia Z17 miniS packs a 5.2-inch Full HD IOS display that’s protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The latest Nubia smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 octa-core chip. This is a pretty powerful chip that can drive almost midrange offerings from various smartphone brands to shame. Besides, the Nubia Z17 miniS comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage.
Just like previous Nubia smartphones, the cameras are the main highlight of the Nubia Z17 miniS. The smartphone packs four cameras- two on the front and tow other on the back. The rear of Nubia Z17 miniS features a dual 13MP camera. This consists of one RGB and one monochrome sensor. Apart from that, the Nubia Z17 miniS rocks a dual 16MP front camera. Additionally, the Nubia Z17 miniS packs a 3,200mAh battery. It runs on Android Nougat 7.1.1 with Nubia UI on top.
Nubia Z17 miniS Specifications
- 5.2 inch Full HD (1,920 x 1,080p) with 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 octa core with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB internal storage + Up to 256GB External Storage
- Dual 13MP (Monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) Rear Camera with Sony IMX258 Sensor, OIS and 4K Recording
- Dual 16MP f/2.0 + 5MP f/2.2 Front Camera with 80 degree wide angle lens
- Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE
- 3,200mAh Battery with USB Type C
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- Android Nougat 7.1.1