Honor View10 has been launched globally at an event in London. The Honor V10 was first launched in China last month and is touted as the flagship offering from Honor. Priced at €499 (6GB RAM+128GB Storage), the highlights of the device includes a 6-inch FHD display with a metal body and slim bezels on either side.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Honor View10 features a 6-inch Full HD+ panel with an aspect ratio of 18:9. Under the hood, it’s powered by the company’s own Kirin 970 octa-core chipset, i7 co-processor for processing neural network queries, and a 3750mAh battery along with fast charging support. There are three variants to choose from – 4GB RAM with 64GB internal memory and 6GB RAM plus 64/128GB storage. The memory is expandable as well up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
The dual-camera arrangement on the rear houses a regular 16-megapixel RGB sensor and another 20-megapixel monochrome sensor which, on paper, should produce relatively better colors in your pictures. There’s also a dedicated AI engine which is responsible for scrutinizing scenes in real-time for automatically adjusting the camera settings.Honor has apparently partnered with Microsoft and thus the Microsoft Translators use the AI engine. On the camera front, you’ll find a single 13-megapixel sensor which can create depth-of-field effects through software. In addition to the fingerprint scanner, you can also unlock the Honor View10 through Face Unlock, a feature we previously saw on the OnePlus 5T and the iPhone X as well.
Thankfully, the Honor View10 runs on Android out of the box alongside the EMUI custom overlay. Color options include Black, Aurora Blue, gold, and Red.
Honor View10 Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.00 × 74.98 × 6.97mm; Weight: 172g
- 5.99-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 FullView display
- Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm octa-core processor, i7 co-processor, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybird Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, USB Type-C, NFC
- Rear Camera: 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome), f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery, fast charging