Xiaomi has been planning to make an entry into the US smartphone market for quite some time. Xiaomi’s range of accessories is already available in the US, however, the smartphones were yet to arrive. Despite not being announced officially, the Xiaomi Mi A1 is already available in the US via a third party eBay retailer.
As seen in the screenshot, the retailer has to his credit a feedback of 99.3 percent and is selling the factory unlocked Xiaomi Mi A1 priced at $224.99. The stock mentioned is limited (will possibly be replenished as required) and is available only in Gold color. The Mi A1 is the first smartphone from Xiaomi to come loaded with stock Android One. In China, the Mi A1 was also launched with the Mi 5X moniker. That being said the Xiaomi Mi A1 in the US comes with a glaring downside, it doesn’t support LTE (supports 4G though).
The Xiaomi Mi A1 comes equipped with a 5.5-inch FHD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass and is powered by the Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0GHz and paired with 4GB of RAM. On the storage front, the phone offers 64GB of internal storage along with an expandable microSD card slot.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 sports a dual rear camera setup consisting of the 12-Megapixel wide-angle lens + 12-Megapixel telephoto lens. Other features include 2x optical zoom, portrait mode, beautify 3.0 and unlimited high-quality storage on Google Photos. Xiaomi claims that the image quality is not compromised while shooting with up to 2x optical zoom. The Xiaomi Mi A1 offers 10x of Digital Zoom.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Specifications
- 5.5-inch FHD Display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 clocked at 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage with expandable microSD slot
- Rear fingerprint sensor, full metal body, dedicated headphone amplifier
- Rear Dual camera setup, 12MP(Wide Angle)+12MP(Telephoto Lens)
- Front camera – 5MP
- Battery – 3080mAh
- 4G VoLTE (supports only 4G in the US), WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth, NFC?, GPS, IR Blaster and Dual SIM slot