Sony has today launched the recently announced Xperia L2 mid-range smartphone in India. Originally introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last month, the new phone features a MediaTek quad-core processor and the company’s standard design we have been seeing for years. It’s priced at Rs 19,990 and will be available through various offline channels across the country.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Xperia L2 sports a 5.5-inch 720p display on the front and is powered by the MediaTek MT6737T quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz. There’s 3GB of RAM, a 32GB internal memory which is expandable and a 3300mAh battery which supports Qnovo Adaptive Charging. Out of the box, it runs on Android Nougat and there’s a fingerprint sensor located on the rear. The company hasn’t said whether it will be receiving the Android Oreo update anytime soon.
In addition to that, the Xperia L2 rocks a USB Type-C port which is quite impressive and is compatible with NFC as well. The camera setup houses a 13-megapixel rear f/2.0 sensor and an 8-megapixel front-facing f/2.4 wide-angle shooter. The Xperia L2 will be available in three color options — Black, and Gold.
Sony Xperia L2 Specifications
- Dimensions: 150 x 78 x 9.8mm; Weight: 178g
- 5.5-inch HD display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- MediaTek MT6737T quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, NFC, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 13MP, LED Flash, 1/3.06″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture lens
- Front Camera: 8MP, 120° wide-angle f/2.4 aperture lens, 1/4″ image sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3300 mAh battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging
It’s quite bewildering that Sony has priced this handset close to Rs 20,000 considering the competition operating at this range which includes the like of Moto X4. The company has been trying to consolidate its offerings across price segments, and the smartphone division finally seems to be coming out of troubled waters. Sony is expected to launch its latest flagship at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona later this month. Stay tuned for more details.