Alongside the Nokia 1, Nokia 6 and the Nokia 8 Sirocco, HMD Global has unveiled the Nokia 7 Plus. It’s an upper mid-range offering from the Finnish brand and will sit just below the Nokia 8 Sirocco in the company’s new lineup.
The all new mid-range smartphone comes with a characteristic Nokia design. The Nokia 7 Plus is carved out of a solid block of 6000 series aluminium and has received six layers of ceramic feel paint. Indeed the smartphone looks stunning, and the anodized chamfered edges give an upmarket appeal to the mid-range device.
The Nokia 7 Plus features a brand new 6-inch FHD+ 18:9 display on the front. The panel is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Underneath the hood resides a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor with four Kryo 260 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and four other at 1.8GHz respectively. Apart from that, the smartphone features 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Nokia is providing an option for memory expansion for consumers who are always in the dire need for more storage space on their smartphones.
With that said, the main highlight of the Nokia 7 Plus is its dual rear camera setup. It comprises of two lenses powered by renowned brand Zeiss optics. For starters, Zeiss has a legendary connection with the brand Nokia, with the first Zeiss lens appearing on a smartphone way back in Windows-powered Nokia smartphone days. The rear setup comprises of a 12MP f/1.75 primary lens and a 13MP f/2.6 secondary lens. Besides, the Nokia 7 Plus also rocks a 16MP front-facing selfie snapper powered by Zeiss. In an attempt to allow consumers to make good use of the power-packed camera hardware Nokia has brought forward the Bothie feature of the original Nokia 8 to the new Nokia 7 Plus.
Nokia 7 Plus Specifications
- 6 inch Full HD+ (2,160 x 1,080p) 18:9 IPS LCD Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM/64GB eMMC 5.1 Internal Storage + Up to 256GB External Storage (with microSD card)
- Dual Rear Camera with 12MP f/1.75 Primary Zeiss lens and 13MP f/2.6 Secondary lens; dual-tone LED flash
- 16MP Front Camera with Zeiss Optics
- Fingerprint Sensor, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, NFC and USB Type C port
- 3,800mAH Battery with Fast Charging and Wireless Charging support
- Android Oreo 8.0 with support for Google’s Android One Project
Nokia 7 Plus Price and Availability
The Nokia 7 Plus is set to go on sale starting April and will be available in two color hues – black and white – with a copper band on the side edges. The Finnish firm has announced a 399 Euro ($490/Rs 32,000) price tag for its mid-range smartphone. The Nokia 7 Plus is expected to make its ways into international markets including India somewhere later this year.