Meizu has officially announced the E3 in China. The Meizu E2 is a mid-range device that packs in an impressive set of hardware for the given price. Meizu has also released a limited edition Meizu E3 J-20 Edition that is named after the J-20 fighter Jet and comes with a custom J-20 case and a memory card.
The Meizu E3 features a 5.99-inch FDH IPS LCD display and runs on the Snapdragon 636 SoC alongside Adreno 509 GPU and 6GB of RAM. On the storage front, the users can choose between 64GB or 128GB of internal memory. The imaging options on the Meizu E3 include a dual-camera setup. Interestingly the camera lens comes with a sapphire glass, a feature that is usually found in the high-end devices. The rear camera is made up of a 12-Megapixel Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 lens and dual-pixel autofocus. The other sensor is a 20-Megapixel Sony IMX350 unit with f/2.6 and PDAF. Also present is a dual-tone flash. The camera app offers a portrait mode and 2.5x loseless zoom. The front camera on the Meizu E3 is an 8-Megapixel unit.
The Meizu E3 comes with a full metal body and the fingerprint sensor is placed on the right side, a feature that is common on the Sony Xperia phones. According to Meizu the sensor is always on and will unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. The Meizu E3 is backed by a 3,300 mAh battery that supports fast charging of up to 20W. On the software front, the device runs on Flyme OS7 with Android 7.1.2.
As far as availability is concerned, the Meizu E3 will be available in Champagne Gold, Black and Blue colors and the preorders start on March 26. The actual shipping will start on March 31. The 64GB variant is currently retailing at CNY 1,799 ($284/Rs 18,535) and the 128GB retails at CNY 1,999 ($315/Rs 20,595)
Meizu E3 Specifications and Features
- 5.99-inch FHD+ display
- Snapdragon 636, Adreno 509, 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card slot
- Flyme OS 6.3 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Dual rear camera setup with 12-Megapixel Sony IMX362 sensor and a 20-Megapixel Sony IMX350 sensor with 2.5x loseless zoom
- 8-Megapixel front facing/selfie camera
- Fingerprint sensor, metal body
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth 5, Hybrid Dual SIM and USB Type-C
- 3,360mAh battery with fast charging