As expected HMD Global has launched the Nokia 6, Nokia 7 Plus and the Nokia 8 Sirroco at an event in Delhi. Priced at Rs 16,999 the Nokia 6 2018 is an interesting upgrade to the mid-range device. The new handset features a better processor, marginally redesigned aluminum body and most notably, the fingerprint sensor has been repositioned to the rear. The Nokia 6 2018 will be available starting from 6th of April.
The new Nokia 6 comes with roughly the same specifications from last year. There’s a 5.5-inch Full HD display on the front which doesn’t have an 18:9 aspect ratio or any bezel-less novelties as you’d expect. Underneath, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor has replaced the Snapdragon 430 but it sports the same 3000mAh non-removable battery. You have the option to choose from two variants, one with 3GBRAM/32GB internal memory and another with 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage.
As far as the design is concerned, HMD Global is doing away with off-screen capacitive buttons and has moved the fingerprint sensor to the back. It also features new accents around the edges and the rear camera section. Speaking of the optics, there’s a 16-megapixel sensor on the back and an 8-megapixel front shooter. The new Nokia 6 also comes with the company’s Dual-Sight technology which lets you stream and record simultaneously from both the cameras.
The Nokia 6 runs Android One based on the latest Android Oreo. Moreover, it supports Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5, and rocks a USB Type-C port on the bottom. In addition to that, the new smartphone supports OZO audio recording which offers the ability to capture high fidelity 360-degree sound and playback. The Nokia 6 will be available in three color options, Blue, Black, and Silver and will be sold via the Nokia Mobile shops and other select mobile outlets. Furthermore, Nokia has also announced special cashback offers for the Nokia 6 (2018) but is yet to announce the details for the same.
Nokia 6 (2018) Specifications
- Dimensions: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15-8.6mm; Weight: 172g
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 14nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform clocked at 2.2 GHz, Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB/3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android One
- Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 16MP, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP, 1.12-pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 84° wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3000mAh built-in battery with fast charging