HMD Global has today added a mid-range smartphone to its lineup in India with the launch of the Nokia 7 Plus. Announced originally at the Mobile World Congress in February, it’s one of the first two phones by HMD Global with a tall 18:9 screen. The Nokia 7 Plus is priced at Rs 25,999 and will be available in two color options — Black Copper and White. Pre-bookings commence on this month’s 20th and it will go on sale from the 30th through offline channels as well as Amazon.
The Nokia 7 Plus is made out of a single 6000 aluminum block and features bronze or orange accents around the edges. The front is largely dominated by a 6-inch Full HD+ display which has an aspect ratio of 18:9. The fingerprint sensor, therefore, has been relocated to the rear beneath the camera. Although you don’t necessarily need to use that since the Nokia 7 Plus also has a face unlock option. Speaking of the camera, there are two ZEISS-branded sensors on the back — one regular 12-megapixel lens and another 13-megapixel telephoto shooter which allows for 2x Optical Zoom and of course, depth-of-field effects.
The other big highlight is the fact that it’s powered by Android One which should ensure the arrival of software updates on time, not that HMD Global’s phones needed that. Surprisingly, though, the phone comes preloaded with Android 8.0. Underneath, there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage which can be expanded, and a 3800mAh battery which does support quick charging.
On the front, you’ll find a single 16-megapixel sensor which employs ZEISS optics as well. In addition to that, the phone also features a standard headphone jack and has three microphones which are compatible with Nokia’s OZO audio technology. The Nokia 7 Plus supports two SIM cards as well and rocks a USB Type-C port.
Nokia 7 Plus Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.38 x 75.64 x 9.55 mm
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 2.5D curved glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 14nm octa-core processor (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs), Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, NFC, USB Type-C
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 12-megapixel rear f/1.75 primary sensor, 1.4µm pixel size with ZEISS optics, 13-megapixel secondary f/2.6 camera, 1.0µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera with ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Three microphones with Nokia OZO Audio
- 3800mAh battery with fast charging