A couple of months ago, Sony launched the Xperia XZ2 and now, they have launched the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium. The “Premium” moniker means that the new XZ2 comes with high-end features including the 4K HDR Display. Apart from the display, the Xperia XZ2 Premium comes shroud in a glass back and the edges are curved. Sony has also managed to come up with a couple of upgraded features that would further justify the Premium tag.
The 4K HDR display on the Xperia XZ2 Premium is the highest resolution display that has ever been fitted into a smartphone. The 5.8-inch 4K HDR display with 16:9 aspect ration looks brilliant (at least on paper) and it also comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Powering the device is a Snapdragon 845 coupled with 6GB of RAM. On the storage front, the device offers 64GB of internal storage that is further expandable up to 400GB via a microSD card slot.
Sony has decided to use a new Dual Motion Eye camera on the Xperia XZ2 Premium. The rear imaging setup is a dual camera unit with a 19-Megapixel sensor alongside a 12-Megapixel monochrome sensor. Other camera specifications include an f/1.8 aperture G Lens, Predictive Capture, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion. Sony has been stressing on the ISO Sensitivity of 51200 for photos and ISO 12800 for videos, this feature will help users capture imagery in low light conditions.
The front-facing camera is a 13-Megapixel unit with Exmor RS sensor and f/2.0 aperture. The Xperia XZ2 Premium comes fitted with dual stereo speakers with front surround. The fingerprint sensor sits at the back and the audio is routed to the earphones via a Type-C port. The device comes with IP65/68 dust and water resistance and is backed with a 3540mAh Battery that supports fast charging and Qi wireless charging.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and is available in Chrome Black and Chrome Silver. Sony is yet to reveal the pricing details.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Specifications
- 5.8-inch 4K HDR Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa Core Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 and 6GB of RAM
- 64GB internal memory and expandable up to 400GB
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual Rear Camera unit with 19-Megapixel Primary Sensor with f/1.8 aperture G Lens, Predictive Capture, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion and 12-Megapixel Monochrome sensor
- 13-Megapixel front facing/selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C Audio port, Stereo speakers with S-Force, LDAC and DSEE HX
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and GPS
- 3540 mAh battery with Fast charging and Qi wireless support