Along with the A-Series phones, Samsung India has also launched the Galaxy J6 and the Galaxy J8 in the country. Both devices sport Super AMOLED infinity displays. The J6 and the J8 are priced starting at Rs 13,990 and Rs 18,990.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 comes equipped with a 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 18:5:9. The Galaxy J8 offers a 6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display. Both the phones come with a 2.5D curved glass display. As far as the processor is concerned the Galaxy J6 is powered by an Octa-Core Exynos 7870 while the Galaxy J8 opts for the Octa-Core Snapdragon 450. The Galaxy J6 is available in two variants, 3GB/32GB and 4GB/32GB.
Camera options on the Galaxy J6 include a 13-Megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 and an 8-Megapixel front/selfie sensor with LED flash and f/1.9. Meanwhile, the Galaxy J8 is offered with a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 16MP+5MP unit. The front/selfie sensor on the J8 is a 16-Megapixel unit. The Galaxy J6 and the J8 both run on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 is backed by a 3,000mAh battery while the J8 comes with a larger 3,500mAh battery. The Galaxy J6 is priced at Rs 13,990 for the 3GB/32GB variant while the 4GB/64GB variant is priced at Rs 16,490. The Samsung Galaxy J8 is priced at Rs 18,990. Both the devices will be available on Flipkart, Samsung eshop and PayTM mall starting from 22 of May. A cashback of Rs 1,500 is given for ICICI card holders along with a free one-time screen replacement. The Galaxy J6 and the J8 both will be available in Black, Gold and Blue colors.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Features and Specifications
- 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 18:9 Infinity display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa Core Exynos 7870 at 1.6Ghz with Mali T830 and 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card slot
- 13-Megapixel rear-facing camera with f/1.9
- 8-Megapixel front/selfie camera with LED flash
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3,000mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy J8 Features and Specifications
- 6-inch HD+ Infinity Display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450, Adreno 506 and 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card slot
- Android 8.0
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Dual rear camera setup, 16MP+5MP
- 16-Megapixel front facing/selfie camera with f/1.9
- 3,500mAh Battery