Samsung has launched the Lite version of the ongoing flagship. The Samsung Galaxy S Lite (rumored to be S8 Lite earlier) has been launched with a “luxury edition” moniker. As far as design is concerned the device sports metal frame and the infinity display at the front looks good. That apart design elements look quintessentially Samsung.
The Galaxy S Lite comes with a 5.8-inch FHD+ Infinity display. Under the hood, the device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 as opposed to the Exynos 8855 on the Galaxy S8. Samsung is offering the Galaxy S Lite in only one variant, i.e 4GB RAM, and 64GB internal storage. The device runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and comes with a fingerprint sensor along with Iris recognition feature. That being said it misses out on the heart rate sensor but again not much of a big deal.
Camera hardware on the Galaxy S Lite includes a dual pixel 12-Megapixel rear camera with OIS and an 8-Megapixel autofocus front facing camera. Thankfully Samsung has not skipped on any of the sensors and this means that the Galaxy S comes with Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic sensor and also a Pressure sensor.
The Samsung Galaxy S Lite Luxury Edition is sold in Black and Burgundy colors and is priced at 3,699 Yuan (Rs 39,458/$579). The device is up for preorder and will start selling on 1st of June. Those who buy after it releases need to shell out 3,999 Yuan (Rs 42,659/$626).
Samsung Galaxy S Lite Luxury Edition Features and Specifications
- 5.8-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED infinity display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 with Adreno 512 and 4GB of RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card slot
- 12-Megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with OIS
- 8-Megapixel front/selfie camera with f/1.7
- Fingerprint sensor, IRIS recognition technology, and IP68
- Android Oreo 8.0
- 3000mAh supports fast charging and wireless charging