The HTC U12+ flagship phone has been finally launched. The device had surfaced in multiple leaks including a recent press render leak last week. Adding to that, the HTC U12+ was prematurely listed on the official website.
The HTC U12+ will come equipped with a 6-inch QHD+ display that supports HDR10 and is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Powering the device is an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU and 6GB of RAM. On the storage front, the HTC U12+ will be offered in 64GB/128GB variant, both of which will support microSD card of up to 2TB. Other features include the HTC Edge Sense 2 technology with pressure sensitive buttons and customizable gestures.
Camera options on the HTC U12+ include a dual Ultrapixel rear camera setup. The primary camera is made up of 12MP Ultrapixel sensor paired with 16MP telephoto lens and offers HDR boost, ultra speed autofocus, and a Pro mode as well. HTC seems to have taken due care of selfie camera. The front-facing camera is a dual 8MP+8MP unit with f/2.0 aperture, Bokeh mode, and the AR stickers. Audio options on the HTC U12+ include Usonic audio, HTC BoomSound, and Qualcomm aptX.
Furthermore, the HTC U12+ will run on Android 8.0 Oreo with the HTC Sense UI overlay. Backing the device is a 3500mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging support. Furthermore, the device will be water and dust resistant thanks to the IP68 rating. The HTC U12+ is priced at $799.
HTC U12+ Features and Specifications
- 6-inch WQHD+ 1440 x 2880 Super LCD6 display with HDR 10 and Corning Gorilla 5
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, 6GB RAM, and Adreno 630
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Dual rear camera unit with 12MP Ultrapixel sensor+16MP telephoto lens
- Dual front-facing/selfie camera 8MP+8MP with f/2.0, Bokeh mode and AR Stickers
- Fingerprint sensor, face unlock and IP68
- 3,500mAh Battery