Sony’s 2018 flagship has at long last arrived in India. The Xperia XZ2 was introduced way back in February earlier this year at the Mobile World Congress and is now available in India at a price of Rs 72,990 which yes, is indeed a questionable sum considering the manufacturer’s position in the market. The phone will sell from next month’s 1st through the company’s own Sony Centre and select mobile stores in the country.
At first glance, the Xperia XZ1 is your usual flagship. It has a tall 5.7-inch Full HD+ screen, the ability to record 960fps slow-mo clips, flaunts an all-glass exterior, lacks a headphone jack, and runs on Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 chipset. However, there are a few notable differences Sony is banking on for selling the phone. For starters, the display supports HDR and has a single 19-megapixel f/2.0 rear lens which has 5 Axis Stabilization. That sensor is also capable of shooting 4K HDR movies and features an ISO sensitivity of 51200 for stills and ISO 12800 for video. Sadly, though, the front camera is a disappointing 5-megapixel snapper.
In addition, the Xperia XZ2 has 6GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage which can be expanded through a MicroSD card slot, and a 3,180mAh battery which is compatible with quick charging. The phone can be topped up wirelessly and has a USB Type-C port. It comes preloaded with Android Oreo (8.0) with Sony’s custom skin on top.
Sony Xperia XZ2 specifications
- Dimensions: 153 x 72 x 11.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- 5.7-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 HDR Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 400GB
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- Rear Camera: 19-megapixel, Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- Front Camera: 5MP, 1/ 5″ Exmor RS sensor, 23mm super wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround, DSEE HX, LDAC
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3180mAh Battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging