After weeks of teasers, Honor has today yet another smartphone to its lineup in India. The new Honor Play, as the name suggests, is designed for entertainment with a big battery and a flagship-grade processor. It starts at Rs 19,999 and will go on sale starting from today at 4 PM exclusively through Amazon.
The Honor Play features a 6.3-inch notched 1080p screen on the front which has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The phone is powered by Huawei’s Kirin 970 chipset along with a dedicated processor for performing neural queries. There’s 4 or 6GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded through a MicroSD card, and a 3,750mAh battery with quick charging support. One of the key highlights of the phone is a software feature called GPU Turbo which accelerates the gaming performance with minimal additional energy consumption.
There are two camera sensors on the rear — a primary 16-megapixel f/2.2 lens and a secondary 2-megapixel sensor for depth-sensing. On the front, you’ll find a 16-megapixel selfie snapper with an aperture of f/2.0. The fingerprint reader is situated on the back and it comes preloaded with Android 8.1 with the company’s own skin on top. The Honor Play is also compatible with two SIM cards and Dual 4G VoLTE.
The Honor Play is priced at Rs 19,999 for the 4GB RAM variant and Rs 23,999 for 6GB RAM.
Honor Play Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.91×74.27×7.84mm; Weight: 176g
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass display
- Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm octa-core processor, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 4/6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 16-megapixel rear camera, LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, a secondary 2-megapixel rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3750mAh (typical) battery with fast charging