HMD Global has added another smartphone to its affordable line of smartphones in India. The phone maker has brought its first notch-equipped handset, the Nokia X6 as the Nokia 6.1 Plus (for reasons we don’t know) to the country. The Nokia 6.1 Plus, in addition to a tall screen, comes with Android One which means it will hopefully be one of the first phones in line for the Android Pie update. It will be available on HMD Global’s own store and Flipkart from August 30th for Rs 15,999.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus comes with a 5.8-inch display on the front with a resolution of 1080p and an aspect ratio of 19:9, courtesy of the tiny bezel situated at the top. The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 636 chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage which is expandable, and a 3000mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0.
There are two camera sensors on the rear — a 16-megapixel f/2.0 primary lens and another 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. On the front, you’ll also find a 16-megapixel f/2.0 selfie camera. The Nokia 6.1 Plus’ biggest highlight, however, is that it features a stock build of Android 8.1 making it a direct competitor to Xiaomi’s Mi A1. Dual-SIM and Dual 4G VoLTE compatibility are available as well.
Nokia 6.1 Plus (X6) Specifications
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 70.98 x 7.99~8.59mm; Weight: 151g
- 5.8-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 14nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform (1.8GHz), Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Cameras: 16-megapixel (RGB) primary f/2.0 lens, dual-tone LED flash, 1.0um pixel size, EIS, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary f/2.2 sensor, 1.2um pixel size
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3060mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging