Lenovo’s Moto is expanding its line of budget phones today in India with the launch of the Moto G6 Plus. Originally announced way back in April, the Moto G6 Plus features the company’s new all-glass exterior and offers mid-range specifications. For now, Moto is only bringing one storage and color variant — 6GB RAM and Deep Indigo — for a price of Rs 22,499. It will be exclusively available on Amazon as well as Moto Hub stores offline.
The Moto G6 Plus comes with a 5.93-inch LCD screen that has a resolution of 1080p and an aspect ratio of 18:9. The phone, like previous Moto phones, has a water-repellent nanocoating as well. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 630 octa-core chipset, 6GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage which can be expanded with a MicroSD card, and a 3,200mAh which does support Turbo Charging.
The camera arrangement on the Moto G6 Plus houses two sensors on the rear — a primary 12-megapixel f/1.7 lens and another 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. On the front, you’ll find an 8-megapixel camera and a soft LED flash for selfies in dimly lit scenarios. The Moto G6 Plus also has a fingerprint reader crammed on the front bottom bezel beneath the Motorola branding. Out of the box, it’s preloaded with an outdated Android Oreo 8.0 software with a few Moto customizations. The phone can run two SIM cards too and has a USB Type-C port.
Early buyers will also be able to avail a handful of offers. For starters, purchases made at an offline Moto Hub store with the Paytm Mall app will yield a cashback promo code of Rs 3,000. Reliance Jio subscribers will get vouchers worth Rs 2,200. In addition, the company is offering vouchers for ClearTrip and AJIO.
Moto G6 Plus Specifications
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.5 x 8.0mm; Weight: 167g
- 5.93-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 14nm octa-core Mobile Platform, Adreno 508 GPU, 2.2 GHz
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary f/1.7 lens, LED Flash, Dual Autofocus Pixel technology, 1.4um pixel size, 5-megapixel secondary lens
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Front-ported loudspeaker, Dolby Audio, 3 mics
- P2i water-repellent nanocoating
- 3200mAh battery with Turbo Charging