Meizu today introduced two new phones under its X series, one of which is the 16X that we’ve covered in a separate post and the other is its more affordable sibling, the X8. The Meizu X8 skips the in-display fingerprint reader and a secondary telephoto lens in favor of a cheaper 1600 yuan price tag.
The Meizu X8 features a 6.2-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 1080p and 18:9 aspect ratio. It comes with Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 710 chipset, 4GB or 6GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of onboard storage and a 3210mAh battery that is compatible with quick charging.
As for the cameras, there are two on the back. One is a regular 12-megapixel f/1.9 lens and another is a secondary 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. For selfies, the phone offers a 20-megapixel selfie camera on the front. The Meizu X8 comes preloaded with Android 8.1 Oreo with the company’s own Flyme OS skin on top and supports two concurrent SIM cards.
There are three color options — Black, Blue, and White. The base variant which has 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage costs 1598 yuan (~Rs 17,000), the one with 6GB RAM is priced at 1798 yuan (~Rs 19,000) and the highest one model that features 6GB RAM, 128GB onboard storage costs 1998 yuan (~Rs 21,200).
Meizu X8 Specifications
- Dimensions: 151.2×74.6×7.8mm ; Weight: 160g
- 6.2-inch (2220 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 401 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 10nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs), Adreno 616 GPU
- 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal memory
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Flyme OS
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary f/1.9 lens, dual-tone LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, 6P lens, Sony IMX362/Samsung 2L7 sensor, Dual PD focus, a secondary 5-megapixel camera
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel f/2.0 lens, AI face unlock’
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3210mAh battery, mCharge fast charging