Garmin Nuvi 885T GPS – Awesome Speech Recognition
Garmin International’s nüvi 855 is a GPS navigator and personal travel assistant featuring voice-activated navigation and lane assist with junction view. Navigate with confidence while nüvi directs you to the preferred lane while driving. Also, see realistic images of upcoming junctions where available. Garmin has been steadily updating its popular nüvi product, rolling out new units complete with updated map screens, lane guidance, improved GPS chipsets, free traffic, and more. The nüvi 885T replaces the nüvi 880. 885T has to be the best voice activated GPS Available!
Like as nuvi 265T, nüvi 885T has integrated Bluetooth wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through the 885T while staying focused on the road. One of another great feature is Garmin Nuvi 855T GPS navigation built-in Full Speech Recognition, allow you to enter commands without having to tap the screen so you can keep your concentration and eyes on the road.
Garmin nüvi 885t GPS – Features
* Sleek, ultra-slim design fits in a pocket; High-sensitivity GPS receiver for fast satellite lock
* Pre-loaded with City Navigator NT maps for North America, including more than 6-million name-search-able points of interest
* Speech recognition–speak menu options and keep your eyes on the road
* Multi-destination routing–enter several destinations and get the best route to all of them; “Where am I?” and “Where’s my car?” features
* Full feature set–text to speech for spoken directions with real street names; MP3 player, and Photo viewer
Simply speaking, nüvi 855 is one advanced navigator. It features voice-activated navigation, a wide-screen display, preloaded maps, an FM transmitter and more. Like the rest of the wide nüvi 800-series, just speak a menu option and nüvi obeys your command.
Garmin nüvi 885t GPS – Detailed review
The GPSMagazine has written a great detailed review of Garmin nüvi 885t GPS. In their own words –
The nüvi 885T succeeds where many others have failed, delivering speech recognition that actually works, and ease of use that other devices can only dream of. Virtually every GPS function can be performed using your voice, including entering a complete street address, searching for points of interest, and navigating menus.
If voice recognition is worth the fairly hefty $300 price premium to you, Garmin’s nüvi 885T doesn’t disappoint. However, the nüvi 785T is a slightly better all-around navigator, and a much better bargain.