How to Embed Google Wave in Your Blog/Website?
Continuing our tutorial series on Google Wave, here is the next one which will help you to embed Google Wave on your blog or website. I personally don’t find a reason yet to add Google Wave on TechPP, but then some of you might have a better idea and like to see it on your website. This tutorial will help you do that.
In case you are new to Google Wave, you might also be interested in these articles:
- What is Google Wave?
- How to Install a Google Wave Gadget Extension?
- Share, View and Edit Google Docs in Google Wave
- Ultimate List of Google Wave Gadgets and Tools
- 10 More Google Wave Gadgets to Play With
How to Embed Google Wave on Your Wordpress Blog?
Mark Essel has written a nice article on how to embed Google Wave on a Wordpress blog. Follow the simple steps below:
1. Install the wavr plugin and activate it.
2. Once you have activated the plugin, you would need the WAVE ID to embed the wave.
3. In order to find the Wave ID, check out the wave URL. If Google Wave URL is
the wave ID will be googlewave.com!w%252BSsJfE3HIC
4. Using Wavr plugin, you will have other parameters like setting the background color and others.
That’s it! You can embed any wave onto your Wordpress blog now. Note that, it slows down the page load and reaction time considerably.
How to Embed Google Wave on ANY website?
In case you are not on Wordpress and still want to add Google wave on your website, you don’t need to fret. There is an easier option for you.
[email protected] to your Wave contacts.
2. Add embeddy to your new or existing wave.
3. It will show the code snippet and some options like changing the width, height, background color, font etc.
4. Copy that somewhere, or paste it in the Notepad.
5. Now you can remove Embeddy and add
[email protected] so you can make your Google Wave viewable in public.
6. Note the wave ID just as explained in step 3 of the tutorial on embedding wave on Wordpress blog.
7. Copy the script before