Download Sn0wbreeze to Jailbreak iPhone 3G / 3GS 3.1.3
Good news for all iPhone 3G users! Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 has been released which can jailbreak iPhone 2G, 3G and iPhone 3GS on the latest iPhone 3.1.3 firmware. It is very important to note before proceeding that it will work with iPhone 3GS only if it has the older bootrom (non-MC model). iPhone 3GS users who have upgraded to the stock 3.1.3 are still out of luck.
Update: Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 v1.5.2 released
The best part of Sn0wBreeze is the ability to preserve baseband which means if you’re on an older firmware (means you’ve 05.11.07 or older Baseband) and go to firmware 3.1.3 using Sn0wBreeze, you’ll then be able to unlock your iPhone 3GS, 3G and 2G .
Sn0wBreeze 3.1.3 currently supports iPhones only. In order to jailbreak iPod Touches, you need to checkout redsn0w 0.9.4. iPod touch 3G is currently not supported by either of them.
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS/2G with Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
2. Start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your PC.
4. Start Sn0wbreeze and select “Simple Mode”.
5. Select the correct 3.1.3 firmware .ipsw file by clicking the “Browse” button.
6. Click on “Yes” when Sn0wbreeze asks you “Do you want to activate your iPhone?” for hacktivation. Click on “No” only if you are on an officially supported carrier like AT&T.
7. Sn0wbreeze will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken.
8. Now you will have to restore your iPhone to this custom firmware 3.1.3 that you just cooked using Sn0wbreeze for your iPhone. Click on your phone from the sidebar in iTunes and then press and hold left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button.
9. Sit back and wait for iTunes to do the rest for you.
How to Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 firmware?
Once you have jailbroken your iPhone, just follow the guide posted here to unlock iPhone 3G/3GS/2G running iPhone 3.1.3 firmware!
This guide is for educative and research purposes only
Update: Sn0wbreeze v1.5 is released now. You can download sn0wbreeze v1.5 which can now jailbreak iPod Touch 2G. Sadly, blacksn0w is not fixed in this version either.