Various tech blogs have been reporting like crazy about the imminent release of UltraSn0w 1.0 supporting iPhone 4 unlock ever since JailbreakMe 2.0 Star was released early this week. Well, ultrasn0w 1.0-1 has now been released and you can right away unlock your iPhone 4 once you have jailbroken it.
Ultrasn0w 1.0-1 can unlock iPhone 4 with baseband 01.59 and 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08/05.11.07/05.12.01/05.13.04. Now you can use your unlocked iPhone to use SIM card of ANY carrier of your choice! Be it T-mobile or Verizon in US or Idea or BSNL in India, it is for you to decide which service to go for!
Simply follow the instructions posted below to unlock your iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 on 01.59.00 baseband.
How to Unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1
1. Jailbreak your iPhone 4 using jailbreakMe 2.0 star using the guide here.
2. Once you have jailbroken your iPhone 4, you can unlock it on any baseband using Ultrasn0w 1.0-1.
3. Start Cydia and then touch Manage and then Sources
4. Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. Type http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and touch on “Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
5. Once the installation is through, search for “ultrasn0w 1.0-1” in Cydia and install this application.
6. Wait for ultrasn0w to do the rest. Restart your iPhone and use the SIM of your choice!
Disclaimer: This guide is for informational and educative purposes only. We are not responsible for any loss of data.