Google is in discussion with architects of educational software. This will facilitate the construction of a marketplace for online learning programs, a business whose worth may draw near $5 billion. Google Apps Education Edition is an expansive IT elucidation that schools can apply to get communication and collaboration apparatus to the entire educational society, free of cost. Google administers all the technology niceties, so focus, time, energy and budgets can be spent on teaching kids.
Google Apps Education Edition permits tech managers provide email, shared online calendars, instant messaging tools and even a devoted website to students, teachers and staff which is complimentary. By having admission to the same influential communication and sharing tools, students and teachers will be able to contribute to ideas more speedily enabling them to get things done more effectively. Everything is distributed through a standard web browser at anytime from anywhere, because of which there no need for any software installation or maintenance.
These are the following google services for the entire school can combine and use –
1. Gmail – It presents faculty and students with 2 gigabytes of storage for each account, search tools to facilitate them locate information fast, and instant messaging built right into the browser. Chat can be simply disabled for the whole school if the faculty would not want students to have IM with their accounts.
2. Google Talk – Faculty and students can call or send instant messages to their contacts anytime and anywhere in the world for free. This makes the possibilities for people collaborating on projects from different locations.
3. Google Calendar – Everyone can manage their schedules and share events, meetings and complete calendars with others. They can also publish the school calendar on their website to let families know about events like back to school, homecoming and vacation days.
4. Google Docs – Teachers and students can build documents, spreadsheets and presentations within a web browser window. It also allows them to collaborate their presentations.
5. Google Sites – This permits to create a class site and edit it the same way as a document. There is no technical proficiency required. This site can bring together all the information needed and allows it to be shared with colleagues and students, such as documents, calendars, photos, videos and attachments.
Grockit Inc. and Aviary Inc offers games and instructional tools for teachers. These games and instructional kit are already being offered in the Google Apps Marketplace. It is an online store that had been launched in March this year. Google, being the world’s largest search engine, is trying to rope in more educational developers. Executives believe that google is accelerating the efforts to produce profits from the project.
Google’s business development manager for education, Obadiah Greenberg, wants to get school leaders to rely on the marketplace to sign up and buy Web-based learning software. He believes that students with practice of using free Google apps in school possibly will be more likely to become paying users when they unite with the workforce. He thinks that if google can provide access to education apps to 10 million users in thousands of schools, then that would be a win a huge success. If there is anyone who wants to be a shareholder of the Google Inc, they have to be sure to make the purchase at the right price. Technical analysis is usually challenging, but price history must always be taken into consideration before taking the plunge.
To sum it all up, Google Apps for Education offers a free set of customizable tools that facilitates faculty, staff & students to work together & be trained more efficiently.