Abhinav Sarangi, the co-founder of PriceShred, has shared with us, five simple, yet very important tips for users shopping on online classified websites, in order to make sure they are not cheated.
- Look for reliable contact information. You surely don’t want to contact a guy with a fake address.
- Meet the buyer/seller in person before the transaction. After all, these are not yesteryear’s arranged marriages.
- Never send the money via wire transfer. The fraudsters cannot be tracked if the payment is made through western union/money gram.
- Review other/previous ads of the person.
- No one would sell an iPhone 4S to you for $100 (INR 5000) unless he/she has a crush on you! If it’s too good to be true, it probably is not true.
Was this article helpful?
TechPP is supported by our audience. We may earn affiliate commissions from buying links on this site.