5 Simple Tips to Avoid Fraud on Online Classified Websites
by: Raju PP - Last updated on: December 17th, 2016
Abhinav Sarangi, the co-founder of PriceShred, has shared with us, five simple, yet very important tips for users shopping on online classified websites, in order to make sure they are not cheated.
- Look for reliable contact information. You surely don’t want to contact a guy with a fake address.
- Meet the buyer/seller in person before the transaction. After all, these are not yesteryear’s arranged marriages.
- Never send the money via wire transfer. The fraudsters cannot be tracked if the payment is made through western union/money gram.
- Review other/previous ads of the person.
- No one would sell an iPhone 4S to you for $100 (INR 5000) unless he/she has a crush on you! If it’s too good to be true, it probably is not true.