Asus has just unveiled their latest flagship Android smartphone (along with the station) for 2013, the Asus Padfone Infinity for a whopping price of 999 Euros. As has been the norm with smartphones being announced this year, Asus Padfone Infinity will boast a large 5-inch 1080p Full HD display with 441 ppi with anti-fingerprint coating, and will dock inside a tablet with 10.1-inch 1080p display.
The Padfone Infinity will be powered by a 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 processor, Adreno 320 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Users have the choice to either pickup a 32GB or 64GB version. It boasts a 13 MegaPixel shooter on the rear, with an LED flash, five-element, f/2.0 lens and burst shooting at 8 fps. There’s a 2MP front camera for video calling. Asus has teamed up with Sonic Master for the audio, and the phone will have speakers on the sides! Also, Asus is providing a 50GB free web storage.
Asus Padfone Infinity: specs and features
The docking station helps to increase the already impressive battery life by 3 times. Asus claims that users can expect 19 hours of 3G browsing, 6.5 hours of video playback and 9 hours of 3G talktime from the 2400mAh battery included on Padfone Infinity. It also has 415 hours of standby time. Multiply that thrice and you’ve got a really, relly impressive battery life, if you’re into this concept.
Update: Asus Padfone Infinity Hands on Video
Asus has included a new voice-assistant called the Asus Echo voice agent in Padfone Infinity which is similar to Siri & S-voice. It’s true that Padfone Infinity comes with a phone and a tablet (both with stunning displays) but the price is still very steep. Together with the station, the “system” weighs almost 700 grams, so it’s not actually light on your hand. Let’s have a look at the entire technical profile:
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon 600 quad-core (1.7GHz) with Adreno 320 GPU
- Display 5-inch (1920 x 1080 / 441PPI) Super IPS (400 nit)
- Scratch-resistant Corning® Glass with anti-fingerprint coating
- 10-point multi-touch
- Cameras Rear: 13MP Sony BSI Sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens, autofocus
- LED flash, 8FPS burst mode (100 sequential shots)
- Front: 2MP
- Memory & storage 2GB LPDDR2-1066 RAM, 32GB/64GB storage
- Two-year’s free 50GB ASUS WebStorage
- DC-HSPA+ (42Mbit/s download, 5.76Mbit/s upload), LTE (100Mbit/s download, 50Mbit/s upload)
- Wireless 2.4GHz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Connectivity 3.5mm headphone socket
- Sensors A-GPS with GLONASS, accelerometer, proximity, ambient light, gyroscope,e-compass
- Other Nano-SIM slot
- Battery 2400mAh Lithium polymer (non-removable)
- Up to 19 hours of 3G talk time, up to 410 hours of standby time
- Colors Titanium Gray, Champagne Gold, Hot Pink
- Weight 141g
Asus Padfone Photo Gallery
Radu Tyrsina contributed to this post.