Gionee has announced the GPad G5 smartphone in India, and despite the fact that its name resembles the one of a tablet, we’re talking about a phablet here. The smartphone is available for a price of Rs. 14,999, which is about $250, and thus joins the mid-range market of smartphones.
”I am delighted to present our consumers with our latest product, the Gionee GPAD G5. Our basic thought behind introducing this product was to give our consumers a superior product that can be handled with ease. There is a huge demand for premium features at affordable prices. Keeping consumer preferences in mind we have introduced the device which is high on features and easy on the pocket and we are excited to get it to the market.”
Let’s have a quick rundown of the main tech specs of the Gionee GPad G5:
- 5.5” HD IPS, 1280*720 HD display
- Runs Android 4.4 out of the box
- Six core 1.5GHz processor
- 157.3X77.6X7.9 mm dimensions
- 8GB+1GB internal storage, expandable up to 32
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz; WCDMA 900/2100MHz
- 8.0 MP back camera + 2.0 MP frontcamera
- 3.5 mm earphone jack
- G-sensor, GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0, FM
- Battery performance: 2400mAh
- Weight 104.6g (w/o battery)
The smartphone will be available in white and black for the above mentioned price. It’s nice to see that more and more smaller, domestic companies are releasing capable devices for Indian consumers. What’s your experience with Gionee devices? Sound off by leaving your comment below.