There’s been a lot of buzz before the HTC One M9 was unveiled, and once the smartphone had finally seen the sunlight, it featured pretty much the same design we’ve seen in the HTC One M8. But the Taiwanese company seems to believe that this is actually a good move, as it has now unveiled another new handset featuring the same design that is already becoming boring.
HTC has unveiled the new One M8s which brings back the familiar curved metal design and trademark HTC features like the Duo camera and BoomSound front speakers. The handset is powered by a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor which is pretty much the same thing that’s present on the Desire 820. Let’s have a look at the entire list with all the tech specs and features of the device:
- 9.55mm thick and weighs 160 grams
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, octa-core 64-bit, 4 x 1.7GHz + 4 x 1.0GHz
- Android 5.0 Lollipop, HTC Sense
- 16GB internal storage+ microSD up to 128GB, 2GB of RAM
- 4G LTE
- 13MP Duo Camera, f/2.0, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording with front camera 5MP, f/2.8, 33.7mm lens, 1080p video recording
- HTC BoomSound
- 2840 mAh battery
- Talk time – up to 23.95 hours for 2G/ 20.25 hours for 3G; standby time – up to 629 hours for 2G / 753 hours for 3G
Despite the familiar design which might turn many away, this smartphone does have same appealing features, such as the latest Android version, the 13MP camera and the all metal unibody; and maybe we can include quick charging and the Dot matrix case support here, as well. The handset also comes in the same three main color options as the One M8: silver, gold and gunmetal grey. And if HTC prices it accordingly, these features could prove enough to attract buyers.