Last week, HTC has unveiled its newest handset, the One M9+, featuring some nice specs; and now the company is already making the device available for Indian consumers. It’s actually a triple launch, as HTC has also unleashed the E9+ and the Desire 326G smartphones in the fast growing Indian mobile market.
For now, we only know the price of the HTC One M9+, which is going to retail for around Rs. 52,500 ($842), a pretty high price that puts into direct competition with top of the line phones, such as the Galaxy S6 or the newest iPhones. The One M9+ is scheduled to go on sale in India from May 3, but this isn’t an official information coming from HTC itself. Let’s have a look at some of its main specs and features below.
- 5.2-inch QHD display
- Octa-core 64-bit MediaTek Helio X10 CPU clocked at 2.2GHz, 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage, microSD card slot
- Duo Camera – 20.7MP shooter along with a 2.1MP sensor at the back, 4MP camera up front
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, LTE Category 6 connectivity
- 2,840mAh battery, fingerprint scanner
Being on top of the line, this handset does come with a lot of great features, but HTC specifically wanted to highlight the MHL 3 technology inside. The MHL 3.0 standard allows 4K video output from a micro-USB port and for much more. Have a look at this article for more details on it.
Even if we don’t know the official price of the E9+, we know that it’s going to be the cheaper variant of the M9+. The phone is said to be available in the country by the end of May. The HTC One E9+ will be available in Meteor Grey, Gold Sopia and Rose Gold colors. Let’s have a look at its specs sheet now:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD display
- 3GB RAM
- 20 megapixel camera on the back, UltraPixel front camera
- BoomSound speakers with Dolby Audio
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSDXC
- 64-bit Xelio X10 processor clocked at 2.0GHz
- 2,800mAh battery
The company also announced the Desire 326G for Indian customers. The smartphone comes with a 4.5-inch HD display, a unspecified quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB memory with microSD support, 8 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera, and 2,000mAh battery. The Desire 326G will also feature dual SIM support.