LeEco has made the much-rumored Le Pro 3 smartphone official at an event in China today. After Asus’ Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Le Pro 3 is the second handset to feature Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 821 Quad-Core processor. Besides that, it comes with the all the right ingredients for a premium flagship, an affordable price tag and ditches the headphone jack in favor of CDLA technology alike its siblings.
Design wise, LeEco has kept everything similar to the Le 2 Max with a metal unibody and chamfered edges. In terms of raw specifications, there’s a 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display up front and the device, as mentioned before, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC clocked at 2.35Ghz. Additionally, it comes with 4/6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32/64GB (UFS 2.0) storage that is not expandable, Adreno 530 GPU, and 4070 mAh battery underneath with Quick Charge 3.0.
The camera arrangement includes a 16MP rear f/2.0 lens complicated by Sony’s IMX298 sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8MP front-facing 76.5-degree wide-angle f/2.2 lens. Software wise, LeEco has included EUI 5.8 running on top of Android Marshmallow. Furthermore, Le Pro 3 offers a rear fingerprint scanner, an IR blaster, dual speakers, 4G VoLTE Dual-SIM, NFC, USB Type-C, and WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5 GHz) MIMO.
LeEco Le Pro 3 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD panel, 2.5D curved glass, 80% NTSC color gamut, 500 nits brightness
- 4/6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32/64GB (UFS 2.0) storage
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Quad-Core processor clocked at 2.35GHz, Adreno 530 GPU
- EUI 5.8 custom software, Android Marshmallow
- 16MP rear camera, Sony IMX298 sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.4um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 76.5-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, IR blaster
- CDLA audio, Dolby Atmos, dual-speaker setup
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5 GHz) MIMO, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- 4070mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
LeEco Le Pro 3 Price
The LeEco Le Pro 3 will be available from today in China starting from 1799 yuan (US$ 270 / Rs. 18,070 approx.) for the 32GB+4GB variant and 1999 yuan (US$ 299 / Rs. 20,080 approx.) if you want a whopping 6GB of RAM as well as 64GB internal storage. There’s also an additional variant called Zhang Yimou edition that comes with 4GB of RAM+64GB internal storage costing 2499 yuan (US$ 374 / Rs. 25,100 approx.) and 2999 yuan (US$ 449 / Rs. 30,129 approx.) for 6GB RAM with 128GB storage. LeEco will begin shipping orders from this month’s 28th.