Xiaomi Redmi 4X With Snapdragon 435 Goes Official in China
Xiaomi has added yet another budget smartphone to its Redmi lineup. The Chinese OEM, along with a new in-house processor, and the Xiaomi 5C handset, unveiled the Redmi 4X at an event in China. The handset features a compact form factor, the signature 4100mAh battery, and a cheap price tag just like every other Redmi phone.
For starters, the Redmi 4X comes with a 5-inch 720p display up front with 2.5D curved glass and flaunts a rather slim unibody metal body measuring only 8.65mm in thickness. Furthermore, it is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 435 octa-core chipset. There are two storage and RAM options available – 2GB RAM + 16GB onboard space or you can shed some extra for getting the 3GB + 32GB combo.
Under the hood, a 4100mAh battery keeps things running for an extensive period. Xiaomi claims the phone is capable of up to 15 hours of continuous video playback, and 18 days on standby. The camera arrangement includes a rear 13MP shooter with a LED flash and below that, you’ll also find a fingerprint sensor. Moreover, there’s a 5-megapixel front-facing camera as well. Lastly, the Redmi 4X also comes with an infrared sensor, Adreno 505 GPU, MicroSD support, Dual SIM compatibility, and for the software, Xiaomi has preloaded MIUI 8.
The Redmi 4X starts at a price of 699 Yuan (~ 6790 INR) for the 2+16GB variant, and 899 Yuan (~8730 INR) for 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. Sales will commence in March, and the device will be available in three color options – Cherry Pink, Champagne Gold and Mate Black.
Xiaomi Redmi 4X specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, 2.5D curved glass, 450nit brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor clocked at 1.4GHz, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2/3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android Marshmallow, MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x8.65 mm ; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- 4100mAh battery