The ‘other’ Korean electronics giant, LG, is all set to launch its 2017 flagship, the LG G6, in India on Monday, April 24th. While the company has just started sending out the invites to the media, some retailers have already revealed the pricing and launch offer details for the upcoming flagship.
The LG G6 will be priced at Rs 56,990, with the best offer price of Rs 51,990. The retailers have started taking pre-orders and anyone prebooking now will be eligible to ‘buy’ LG Tone active+ Bluetooth Headset worth Rs 9,990 at 50% discount (effective price being Rs 4,995) and cashback up to Rs 7,000 on HDFC and SBI credit/debit cards. The LG G6 will go on sale from 29th April, a week earlier than the May 5th availability of Samsung Galaxy S8.
Speaking about Samsung, the smaller Galaxy S8 has an MRP of Rs 62,600 with the best price of Rs 57,900. Clearly, LG is trying to offset the Galaxy S8 price by offering the G6 at Rs 51,990 and hoping to attract prospective buyers. With pre-booking for Galaxy S8 going on full swing, LG seems to be happy to reveal the pricing and offer details much before the launch.
For the uninitiated, the LG G6 was launched at MWC 2017 in Barcelona earlier this year and got a design overhaul as compared to last year’s LG G5. The phone is no more modular and has ditched the finicky build for a beefier metallic unibody. It comes with a 5.7-inch IPS always-on FullVision display with a resolution of 1440 x 2880 pixels (~565 ppi pixel density), and a cinematic aspect ratio of 18:9 which is specifically optimized for the software it runs on. For protection, the G6 has a layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5.
During the launch at MWC, LG spoke in detail about its ‘near bezel-less’ display with an odd aspect ratio of 18:9. The phone misses out on the Snapdragon 835 and instead stays with last year’s Snapdragon 821 processor that’s seen on Google Pixel and OnePlus 3T.
LG G6 Specifications
- 5.7-inch display, Resolution of 1440 x 2880 pixels, 565 ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 5(Back), Gorilla Glass 3(display), Gorilla Glass4(lens) and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm, Weight: 163g
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Quad-core (2×2.35 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) processor, Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB of UFS 2.0 Internal Storage, MicroSD expansion up to 2TB
- Android Nougat, LG UX 6.0
- 3300mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Rear Camera: 13+13MP, Dual-LED flash, f/1.8+f/2.4 aperture, 125-degree wide-angle view, OIS
- Front Camera: 12MP, f/2.2, 100-degree wide-angle view
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, 32-bit Quad DAC
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G LTE
It remains to be seen if LG G6 can stop the premium Android crowd from opting for the Infinity display of Galaxy S8 and instead go with the G6. Although the S8 misses out on the Snapdragon 835 in India, it does come with an equally powerful Exynos 8895 processor.
Will you be buying an LG G6 or Samsung Galaxy S8? Let us know in the comments section below.