Xiaomi has added yet another smartphone to its Redmi budget lineup in India with the launch of the new Redmi 4. The handset, which was originally announced back in February as “Redmi 4X”, will go on sale for a price of Rs 6,999, Rs 8,999 and Rs 10,999 for the 2/16GB, 3/32GB and 4/64GB RAM/storage variants respectively.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Redmi 4 comes with a 5-inch 720p display up front with 2.5D curved glass and flaunts the signature unibody metal body with three off-screen capacitive buttons and measures only 8.65mm in thickness. It does come with a protection on top of the display, but Xiaomi isn’t telling the name of that. Furthermore, it is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 435 octa-core chipset. There are two storage and RAM options available – 2GB RAM + 16GB onboard space or you can shed some extra for getting the 3GB + 32GB combo.
Under the hood, a 4100mAh battery keeps things running for an extensive period. Xiaomi claims the phone is capable of up to 15 hours of continuous video playback, and 18 days on standby. The camera arrangement includes a rear 13MP shooter with a LED flash and below that, you will also find a fingerprint sensor. Moreover, there’s a 5-megapixel front-facing camera as well. Lastly, the Redmi 4 also comes with an infrared sensor, Adreno 505 GPU, MicroSD support, Dual SIM compatibility, and for the software, Xiaomi has preloaded MIUI 8 running over the outdated Android Marshmallow.
The Redmi 4 starts at a price of 6,999 INR for the 2+16GB variant, 8,999 INR for 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage and 10,999 INR for 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. Sales will commence from May 23 exclusively on Amazon and Mi.com, and the device will be available in two color options – Champagne Gold and Matte Black.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, 2.5D curved glass, 450nit brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor clocked at 1.4GHz, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2/3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android Marshmallow, MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x8.65 mm ; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- 4100mAh battery