Samsung has now introduced a new variant of its Galaxy S8+ flagship in India. The latest variant comes with markedly increased RAM and internal storage. Needless to say, that it comes with a higher price tag too. The Samsung Galaxy S8+ top end variant will be available for pre-booking on Samsung Shop and Flipkart starting June 9th.
The Samsung Galaxy S8+ was initially launched with only 4GB RAM on board, and that had greatly disheartened many Galaxy fans worldwide. With a budget flagship like OnePlus 3T packing 6GB RAM, most of us were expecting something similar in the Galaxy S8+. Samsung, however, was quick to respond to the grievances of its consumers and launched a top end variant of their flagship with 6GB RAM. Sadly, the variant was limited only to China and South Korea till now.
Apart from the bump in the RAM, the top end variant of the Samsung Galaxy S8+ that got introduced in the country earlier today comes with 128GB of internal memory. For starters, the Samsung Galaxy S8+ was announced worldwide with 64GB internals.
The Samsung Galaxy S8+ with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage would only be available in the Midnight Black color variant. It is priced at Rs 74,900 and will be available across the country from June 9. As an introductory offer, Samsung would be bundling in a free wireless charger worth Rs 4,499 along with the smartphone.
The rest of the internals of this variant of Galaxy S8+ remains the same. On the inside, the Indian variant of the Samsung Galaxy S8+ comes with the stunning 6.2-inch Quad HD+ Infinity Dual Edge Curved display Exynos 8895 octa-core processor, 12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel rear camera, 8MP f/1.7 front camera and 3,500mAh battery. That aside, it comes with an array of sensors including fingerprint, iris, heart rate, spo2 among others.
While the latest Galaxy S8+ comes with much-needed spec boost, it costs Rs 10,000 more than the standard Samsung Galaxy S8+ variant. It’s, in fact, costlier than the 128GB storage variant of the Apple iPhone 7 Plus which is retailing around Rs 67,500 right now.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ 6GB RAM and 128GB Storage Specifications
- 6.2 inch QHD+ (2,960 x 1,440p) Infinity Dual Edge Super AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.3GHz octa core Exynos 8895 processor with Mali G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB RAM LPPDR4 RAM
- 128GB Internal Storage + upto 256GB External Storage (via MicroSD card)
- 12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel Rear Camera with OIS, PDAF and LED Flash
- 8MP f/1.7 Front Camera with Autofocus and UHD Video Recording
- 3,500mAH Battery
- Iris Scanner, Heart Rate, Barometer, spO2 and Fingerprint Sensor
- NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB 3.1 Type C with Quick Charging
- IP68 Certification for dust/water proof over 1.5 meters and 30 mins
- Android Nougat 7.0 with TouchWiz UI