Nokia 6 Launched in India for Rs 14,999 as an Amazon Exclusive
Along with the Nokia 3 and Nokia 5, HMD Global has also brought the slightly more premium Nokia 6 smartphone in India today. It has been priced competitively at Rs 14,999 and will be exclusively available on Amazon with a couple of introductory offers. The Android-powered handset was originally announced back in March at the Mobile World Congress.
The Nokia 6 features an aluminum unibody with a rather thick build measuring at roughly 8mm. There’s a 5.5-inch Full HD panel up front which is protected by a layer of Gorilla Glass 3. The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core chipset, 3 GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage that is expandable, Adreno 505 GPU, and a 3000mAh non-removable battery. In addition to that, the Nokia 6 supports Dual SIM, NFC, and comes with a fingerprint scanner housed under the home button.
The camera arrangement includes a 16-megapixel f/2.0 lens on the back, dual-tone LED flash and a front-facing 8-megapixel f/2.0 shooter. It runs on Android Nougat 7.1.1 out-of-the-box and the company is also promising regular updates with monthly security patches. Additionally, the phone also features Dolby Atmos surround sound with a set of speakers.
Nokia 6 will be available to buy exclusively on Amazon for a sum of Rs 14,999 and you can also avail a cashback of Rs 1,000 if you’re a Prime subscriber and pay using Amazon Pay. Nokia is initially also setting up service centers in over 300 cities and pickup and drop service in about a hundred cities. Sadly, the availability has been pushed to July 2017.
Nokia 6 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor, Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 16MP, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
- 3000mAh non-removable battery