Sony has added yet another smartphone to its struggling Xperia lineup in India with the launch of the XA1 Ultra. The handset will be made available in offline retail channels at a hefty price of Rs 29,990. The headlining feature here is the presence of an edge-to-edge panel on the front and an all-glass build.
As far as the specifications are concerned, there’s a massive 6-inch Full HD panel on the front. It’s powered by the good old MediaTek Helio P20 octa-core processor along with 4 GB of RAM, Mali T880 MP2 900 MHz GPU, 64 GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256 GB via a MicroSD card and a rather tiny 2700 mAh non-removable battery.
The camera arrangement includes a 23-megapixel Exmor RS image sensor with an aperture of f/2.0 which lets you achieve a “Clear Image” zoom of 5x. There’s a 16-megapixel front-facing f/2.0 wide-angle lens as well and it even comes with Optical Image Stabilization and a soft flash. The XA1 Ultra runs on Android Nougat with Sony’s custom skin on top and supports LTE as well as NFC.
Moreover, Sony is also offering a range of introductory offers including a Quick Charger UCH12 worth Rs. 1,490, free three months subscription to Sony LIV and a Rs 1,000 discount on the Style Cover Stand (original price Rs. 3,490) if you purchase it alongside the smartphone. You will be able to purchase the smartphone in three color options -Black, White, and Gold.
Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra Specifications
- 6-inch Full HD 1080p (1920×1080) display
- MediaTek Helio P20 Octa Core 64bit (Quad core 2.3GHz + Quad core 1.6GHz) processor
- Mali T880 MP2 900MHz GPU, 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, MicroSD expansion up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 23MP 1/2.3” Exmor RS sensor, Hybrid Autofocus, 24mm wide-angle F2.0 lens, ISO 6400, 5x Clear Image Zoom
- Front Camera: 16MP 1/2.6” Exmor RS sensor, ISO 6400, 23mm wide-angle lens F2.0, Front Facing Flash, OIS
- 2700mAh battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- LTE (4G), LTE Cat6/4, NFC