After launching its midrange smartphones in India, Nokia has finally pulled the wraps from its flagship offering. The Nokia 8 comes powered by Snapdragon 835 and it is also the first smartphone to feature Nokia OZO audio and a 360-degree spatial audio immersive experience. Priced at Rs 36,999 the Nokia 8 will be available across all retail channels (with amazon.in as the online partner) starting from October 14.
The Nokia 8 comes equipped with a 5.3-inch QHD 2.5D curved display which is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Under the hood, Nokia 8 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 clocked at 2.45 GHz and mated to 4GB of RAM. On the storage front, the device offers 64 GB of internal memory which can be further expanded to 256 GB through a microSD slot. That being said, unlike its competitors.
The camera has been the forte of the earlier Nokia devices, and the new Nokia 8 is no different. The device sports a dual rear camera setup made up of a 13-Megapixel (Color+OIS) sensor alongside a 13-Megapixel Monochromatic sensor. The primary camera offers an aperture of f/2.0, PDAF, IR rangefinder and a dual tone flash. The front facing/selfie camera is a 13-Megapixel sensor with f/2.0, PDAF and display flash. The Nokia 8 runs on stock Android Nougat 7.1.1 and will be treated to timely security updates. Backing up the device is a 3090 mAh battery that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Furthermore, the Nokia is IP54 certified which helps it withstand minor splashes. Connectivity features on the Nokia 8 include WiFi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE, USB Type-C, GPS and NFC. The fingerprint sensor is placed on the front, and the device will be available in Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue, and Steel.
Nokia 8 Specifications
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm (camera bump 0.4mm)
- Weight: 160g
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform MSM8998 (4* 2.45GHz Qualcomm® Kryo™ + 4* 1.8GHz Kryo)
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory with external MicroSD card slot (support up to 256 GB)
- 5.3” IPS LCD QHD Display, 700 nits screen brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front Camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
- USB Type C, USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps), 3.5mm headphone jack, Fingerprint Sensor, BT 5.0, NFC
- 3090 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible