India has been one of the most important markets for Xiaomi and lately, the company has been working on its offline sales network as well. Xiaomi has opened up Mi Home across several locations in India and has recently started selling their smartphones via Big Bazaar as well. The company has also tied up with retail partners like Sangeetha and Poorvika in order to cater to the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
Xiaomi claims to have improved on the customer service front drastically in recent months. They have opened up service centers across all the major Tier 2 cities and has also increased the number of service centers in metros. Recently, Xiaomi announced a new feature that would allow customers to book their service via the Mi Store app. The customers will be issued a token number and told their number in the queue.
I vividly remember how Nokia had implemented a similar online service booking feature a few years ago but the one that Xiaomi has setup seems to be more intuitive and robust in nature.
How to Book an online appointment for Xiaomi Service Center?
In this segment, we will walk you through the steps for booking an appointment with Xiaomi Service centers
- Download and install the Mi Store app
- Register yourself on the Mi Store App
- Go to the account section on the Mi Store App and Click on “Customer Service”
- In the next step choose “Service Center” and Enter your state or city
- The app will display all the service centers near your location
- Choose your preferred service center and click on “Join Queue Now”
- In the meanwhile, the app displays the number of people in Queue along with the estimated wait time
- One needs to enter the relevant details including contact number and the issue faced in order to generate the token online.
- The app will keep you notified of the queue and you can directly walk in and hand over the device at the service center.
The online booking feature for the Mi Service center will ensure that one doesn’t actually have to wait at the service center for their turn. It will also help the visitors to plan their visit according to the real-time queue in any particular service center. That being said I still don’t see a couple of service centers in the list and hope that Xiaomi will extend the online token service to all of its service centers across India in the near future.