Honor V10 Goes Official with a 6-inch Display, Face Unlock, and Android Oreo
As expected, Huawei’s sister brand — Honor has unveiled its new flagship smartphone, V10 at an event in China. The new handset comes with a slew of artificially intelligent software novelties and of course, a massive 6-inch screen flaunting narrower bezels on each side. It will go on sale in China at a starting price of 2699 yuan ($409 / Rs. 26,350) from December 5th.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Honor V10 features a 6-inch Full HD+ panel with an aspect ratio of 18:9. Under the hood, it’s powered by the company’s own Kirin 970 octa-core chipset, i7 co-processor for processing neural network queries, and a 3750mAh battery along with fast charging support. There are three variants to choose from – 4GB RAM with 64GB internal memory and 6GB RAM plus 64/128GB storage. The memory is expandable as well up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
The dual-camera arrangement on the rear houses a regular 16-megapixel RGB sensor and another 20-megapixel monochrome sensor which, on paper, should produce relatively better colors in your pictures. There’s also a dedicated AI engine which is responsible for scrutinizing scenes in real-time for automatically adjusting the camera settings. On the front, you’ll find a single 13-megapixel sensor which can create depth-of-field effects through software. In addition to the fingerprint scanner, you can also unlock the Honor V10 through Face Unlock, a feature we previously saw on the OnePlus 5T as well.
Moreover, the Honor V10 runs on Android Oreo out-of-the-box with Huawei’s custom skin on top. It also comes with Dual-SIM compatibility and NFC. There are three color options — Black, Aurora Blue, Gold, and Red. The Honor V10 is priced at 2699 yuan ($409 / Rs. 26,350) for the 4GB+64GB variant, 2999 yuan ($455 / Rs. 29,280) for 6GB+64GB and 3499 yuan ($530 / Rs. 34,165) for the top-tier version. Details regarding global availability haven’t been revealed yet.
Honor V10 Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.00 × 74.98 × 6.97mm; Weight: 172g
- 5.99-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 FullView display
- Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm octa-core processor, i7 co-processor, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybird Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, USB Type-C, NFC
- Rear Camera: 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome), f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery, fast charging