LG has now debuted its Signature line of smartphones in Korea. The all new series will basically comprise of limited edition smartphones that will be exclusive to the company’s homeland. The LG Signature Edition is the first device of the series.
The LG Signature Edition is essentially a revamped V30 which was launched earlier this year. It dumps the glass back of the LG V30 for a more premium zirconium ceramic back cover. The presence of ceramic makes the back of the LG Signature Edition smartphone scratch resistant. Previously we have seen OEMs like OnePlus, Xiaomi use a ceramic back for its smartphones.
Internally, the LG Signature Edition uses a 6-inch QHD+ OLED Full Vision display. The smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor. The major improvement over the V30 however, is the presence of 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. Moreover, the premium smartphone comes with IP68 water and dust resistance. It runs on Android Oreo 8.0 with LG’s own UX 6.0 on top.
LG Signature Editions Specifications
- 6 inch 18:9 Quad HD+ (2,880 x 1,440p) OLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa core processor with Mali 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDRR4X RAM
- 256GB UFS 2.1 Internal Storage + Up to 2TB Expandable Storage (via microSD card)
- Dual Rear Camera with 16MP f/1.6 Primary Sensor and 13MP f/1.9 Wide Angle Secondary Sensor with OIS, Laser Autofocus, Dual LED Flash
- 5MP f/2.2 Front Camera with 90-degree wide angle lens
- Fingerprint Sensor, IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- 3,300mAh Battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless Charging
- NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, USB Type C, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Single SIM with 4G VoLTE
- Android Oreo 8.0 with UX 6.0+
- Colors: Black and White
LG Signature Editions Availability and Price
The limited edition flagship smartphone will be exclusive to Korea. Furthermore, LG has announced that it will be manufacturing only 300 smartphones. Sales for the LG Signature Edition will commence later this month. Additionally, customers can engrave their names on the back of the new flagship, in case they want too. With that said, the Korean multinational electronics firm is yet to reveal the pricing of the LG Signature Edition smartphone yet. Some reports, however, suggest that LG will be marking this device much higher than the iPhone X. Tentative pricing is set at around $1,800 (Rs 1,16,000 approx.)