Sony seems to have given a major price cut to one of its premium smartphone offerings in India. Launched earlier this year at Rs 49,999; the Sony Xperia XZs come with some top-notch camera hardware. After nearly a year of sluggish sales, Sony has decided to reduce the price of the Xperia XZs to just Rs 36,399, which results in an effective drop of Rs 13,600.
The Japanese OEM hasn’t cleared the air, on whether or not it has officially reduced the price of the smartphone. Apparently, the Sony Xperia XZs is available at the reduced price only on Amazon. The 2017 flagship comes in three colors namely Ice Blue, Silver and Black. Among them, only the Black variant is retailing at the above-mentioned price. The Ice Blue and Warm Silver are available for sale at Rs 37,775 and Rs 37,495 respectively. On the contrary, all the color hues of Xperia XZs are listed on Flipkart for Rs 39,990.
The Sony Xperia XZs comes with some decent internals. It packs a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display which is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Under the hood lies a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 octa-core processor. While this chip may appear dated considering the fact that OEMs are now using Snapdragon 835 in their flagships, but it still packs a punch and can breeze through almost everything you throw at it. The main selling point of the Xperia XZs however, is its camera. The Xperia is the first smartphone to feature a memory stacked Exmor RS sensor that’s generally present in Sony’s premium compact cameras.
Sony Xperia XZs Specifications
- 5.2 inch Full HD (1,920 x 1,080p) IPS Triluminous Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 octa core processor with Adreno 530
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB/64GB Internal Storage
- 19MP f/2.0 25mm Exmor RS sensor with EIS, Predictive PDAF, Laser AF, LED Flash and 960fps Super Slow Motion video capture
- 13MP f/2.0 22mm Front Camera
- 2,900mAh Battery with Quick Charge via USB Type C
- IP68 Water and Dust Proof Certification
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS/GLONASS, NFC