Oppo has launched the A83 smartphone in India. The Oppo A83 was originally launched in China last year and comes with a near bezel-less display. Oppo has now launched the A83 in India priced at Rs 13,990. The device will be up for sale on both online and offline retail channels starting from January 20.
The OPPO A83 comes with a tall 5.7-inch nearly bezel-less HD+ display on the front. The screen features rounded corners and an aspect ratio of 18:9. Underneath, an unspecified octa-core processor keeps things running. There’s 4GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage which is expandable up to 128GB and a non-removable 3090 mAh battery.
The camera arrangement includes a 13-megapixel rear shooter, a single LED flash, and an 8-megapixel front-facing lens. There are also a few AI-powered tools for ‘improving’ your selfies which is most probably a jazzy way of beautifying selfies. Moreover, it supports dual-SIM, 4G, and runs on Android Nougat out of the box. OPPO, of course, has also loaded its own ColorOS 3.2 software skin on top of that. OPPO has not revealed any details about its global availability as of now.
Oppo seems to have taken a trick out of Apple’s book and has ditched the fingerprint sensor on the Oppo A83. Yes, the Oppo A83 comes with a facial ID feature, which the company claim is as fast as the fingerprint sensor. For all practical purposes, it’s the same tech as we have seen on the OnePlus 5T. The Oppo A83 is backed by a 3,090 mAh battery and runs on ColorOS 3.2 flavored Android Nougat 7.1.
OPPO A83 Specifications
- Dimensions:150.5 × 73.1 × 7.7mm; Weight: 143g
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+ full-screen display, 2.5D curved glass
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- 3180mAh (typical) / 3090mAh (minimum) battery