After three months of its official introduction back in November, HTC has today launched the U11+ in India for a hefty sum of Rs 56,990. The phone comes with a nearly bezel-less display on the front and a waterproof exterior. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart starting from tomorrow, February 7th in only the Amazing Silver color option for now.
The HTC U11+ features a 6-inch Quad HD+ Super LCD display with a protective layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top. Under the hood, it’s powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform, Adreno 540 GPU, 6GB of RAM and a 3,930mAH battery which is compatible with Quick Charge 3.0. There’s 128GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 2TB through a microSD card. The U11+ runs on Android Oreo out of the box with the company’s own custom skin over it.
The build is IP68 certified which essentially means it can survive occasional splashes. It lacks a standard headphone jack, although HTC does bundle a Type-C headset. The camera arrangement includes a 12-megapixel UltraPixel 3 rear f/1.7 sensor and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with an aperture of f/2.0. The U11+ also comes with HTC’s EdgeSense technology which allows you to perform various actions by simply squeezing the phone’s sides.
HTC U11+ Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 8.5mm; Weight: 188g
- 6-inch Super LCD 6 Quad HD+ (2,880 x 1,440p) Display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa Core Processor, 6GB LPDRR4 RAM
- 128GB Internal Storage + Up to 256GB Expandable Storage (via microSD card slot)
- Rear Camera: 12MP UltraPixel 3, Dual LED flash, Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), BSI sensor, OIS, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4μm pixel, 4K video recording, 3D Audio
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture, BSI sensor, 85° field of view, 1080p video recording
- 3,930mAH Battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint Sensor, Edge Sense, and Amazon Alexa
- IP68 Water and Dust Proof Certification
- HTC U Sonic, HTC BoomSound HiFi Edition compliant
- Android Oreo 8.0