Xiaomi has finally launched the Redmi Note 5 and the Redmi Note 5 Pro at an event in India. The Pro variant of the Redmi Note 5 Pro offers premium features like a dual rear camera unit and a better selfie camera as well. The Redmi Note 5 Pro pricing starts at Rs 13,999 for the 4GB/64GB variant while the top of the line 6GB/64GB is priced at Rs 16,999.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro offers a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display set at a resolution of 2160 x 1080p. The Redmi Note 5 comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 alongside Adreno 509 GPU. Imaging options of the Redmi Note 5 Pro include a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 12MP+5MP combo. Features offered by the camera app include a portrait mode and Beautify 4.0. Xiaomi has also announced an AI Camera feature that separates the foreground and background in a much better way. Portrait Selfies uses an AI-based technology called semantic segmentation to blur the background and detect more than one people in the foreground.
Xiaomi has chosen a 20-Megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera and has also baked in a front-facing LED flash. Once again the Fingerprint sensor is placed on the back. The Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro is backed by a 4000mAh battery and runs on MIUI 9 which is based on Android N.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Features and Specifications
- 5.99-inch FHD+ Display with aspect ratio of 18:9, 2.5D rounded glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 with Adreno 509 GPU, 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage expandable via the hybrid SIM slot
- 12MP+5MP dual rear camera with Portrait mode, EIS for videos
- Rear Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock Feature (Coming soon)
- 20-Megapixel Secondary/Selfie camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, LED flash, and Beautify 4.0
- 4000mAh battery
- MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Hybrid SIM slot and micro USB