Lenovo-owned Motorola has finally introduced its Moto Z2 Force smartphone in India. It was originally launched way back in August last year. The flagship smartphone will sit at the top of Motorola’s stable in India, which currently consists of the likes of the Moto Z2 Play, Moto X4, and the Moto G5S Plus.
The Moto Z2 Force is the successor of the original Moto Z Force which was not launched in the country. As the name suggests, the Moto Z2 Force is all about the build quality and endurance. The smartphone has been made using re-inforced 7000 series aluminum. The most highlighting feature, however, is its 5.5-inch Quad HD pOLED display, which incidentally comes with a proprietary ‘ShatterShield’ technology. Motorola claims that this technology will prevent the screen on the new Z2 Force to resist against impacts and drops from up to 2 feet. Despite all this, the Moto Z2 Force is pretty slim; 6.1mm to be exact.
Under the hood, the Moto Z2 Force is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor. It’s by far the fastest mobile processor available in the market but is soon set to be replaced by the all-new Snapdragon 845 somewhere later this month. With that said, the SD835 inside the Moto Z2 Force is capable enough to meet up with nearly everything you throw at it; from heavy gaming to multitasking. You can check our detailed review of Moto Z2 Force to know more.
The Indian edition of the Moto Z2 Force comes with 6GB LPDDR4 RAM as standard. This is accompanied by 64GB of internal storage. Furthermore, the smartphone comes with a microSD card slot for memory expansion. The flagship Moto comes with a dual 12MP camera and a 5MP front-facing shooter. Other specifications include a 2,730mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge support.
Motorola Z2 Force Specifications
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440p) P-OLED Display with Shatterproof Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB Internal Storage + Up to 2TB Expandable Storage (via microSD card)
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual 12MP f/2.0 Rear Cameras with PDAF, Laser Autofocus, Dual Tone LED Flash and video recording support at [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, and [email protected] (Ultra Slow Motion)
- 5MP f/2.2 Front Camera with Dual LED Flash
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, aptX, A-GPS
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack and Magnetic Connector for Moto Mods
- 2,730mAh Li-Ion Battery with Quick Charge via USB Type C port
- Colors: Super Black, Fine Gold, Lunar Grey
Moto Z2 Force India Price and Availability
Motorola had launched its Moto Z2 Force in the US at a starting price of $799 which is approximately Rs 50,000. Lenovo-owned OEM, however, decided to cut down on the Indian launch price, especially considering it’s a 6-month old device now. It will be available in India at Rs 34,999 and will go on sale on Flipkart starting February 16 at midnight. Motorola is also bundling a Moto Turbopower Pack Mod which adds an extra 3,490mAh of battery for free along with the device. Moreover, all Moto Mods launched till date will be compatible with the Z2 Force.