Honor 10, the flagship smartphone from the Huawei sub-brand was unveiled globally at an event in London. The all-new smartphone is the successor of the last year’s Honor 9 and shares a number of design cues from its predecessor. That said, the design inclination of the flagship smartphone is more towards the recently Huawei P20, rather than the Honor 9. The Honor 10 will go on sale in India exclusively on Flipkart at Rs 32,999.
The Honor 10 comes with a glass fused to an aluminum design. Huawei fondly calls it an Aurora Glass design. The most striking element on the front of the Honor 10, however, is the large 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 FullView Display. The panel has minimal bezels on all its three sides, thereby resulting in a remarkable 86.2% screen to body ration. Furthermore, the Honor 10 also features an iPhone X like notch, which has now become a trend in the current smartphone market. Below the display lies a rectangular shaped ultrasonic under glass fingerprint sensor. For starters, this isn’t as fancy as any under-display fingerprint sensor but is surely faster and more accurate than most other widely used sensors in the market.
Apart from the display, the main highlighting feature of the Honor 10 is shooting prowess. The premium smartphone comes with dual rear camera setup comprising one 24MP and another 16MP sensor. The camera has a pretty large aperture of f/1.8 and also comes with AI integration. The built-in AI tech helps the camera in choosing a specific photography mode by using 22 real-time objects and scene recognition. Moreover, the rear camera of the Honor 10 also features Phase Detection Autofocus. It, however, misses out on an OIS sensor unlike a number of its main competitors.
Besides, the Honor 10 also sports a 24MP AI backed selfie snapper. The shooter comes with a large 1.8um pixel and a 4 in 1 light fusion technology. The camera app on the Honor 10 features a variety of the modes including 3D Panorama, Monochrome, Light Painting, Portrait, 3D Portrait, Time Lapse, AI Photography and many more.
Internally, the latest premium smartphone from Honor is powered by a Hi-Silicon Kirin 970 processor. This is in turn paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Moreover, it comes with a decently large 3,400mAh battery. The flagship smartphone runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with the latest EMUI 8.1 on top.
Honor 10 Specifications
- 5.84 inch Full HD+ (2,280 x 1,080p) IPS Display with 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass
- Hi-Silicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor (4 x 2.36GHz Cortex A73 + 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A53) and a i7 co-processor
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 128GB Internal Storage
- 24MP f/1.8 + 16MP AI Dual Rear Camera with PDAF and LED flash
- 24MP AI Front Camera with 1.8um large pixel
- Ultrasonic Under-Glass Fingerprint Sensor, Digitial Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope and Hall Sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) with 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3,400mAH Battery with 9V/2A fast charging (via USB Type C)
- Android Oreo 8.1 with EMUI 8.1 on top
- Colors: Phantom Blue, Midnight Black