LG is apparently not done just yet building budget smartphones. The phone maker has today introduced upgrades to its stylus-equipped line of phones with the launch of three new products — Q Stylus+, Q Stylus, and Q Stylus α. The phones’ biggest highlight, of course, is the presence of a stylus which can be used to scribble notes even when the screen is turned off.
The other crucial feature the company is primarily advertising is the military-grade rugged body which is also water-resistant (IP68) in the case of the Q Stylus+ and Q Stylus. All of them have a 6.2-inch FHD+ tall display, an unnamed octa-core chipset, and an Android Oreo-based (8.1) software. There’s also a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, Dual SIM compatibility, and a 3,300mAh battery which supports quick charging.
The differences begin to appear when we discuss the cameras and storage. For starters, the Q Stylus and Q Stylus+ have a 16-megapixel rear and 8-megapixel front sensor, while the alpha variant has a 13-megapixel and a 5-megapixel combo. In addition to that, the Q Stylus+ comes with 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage, but on the Q Stylus and Q Stylus α, you’ll find 3GB of RAM and 32GB onboard storage. All of them are expandable through a MicroSD card.
The new LG Q Stylus smartphones will be available in the third quarter of this year in a couple of regions including North America and Asia. The company has not revealed the pricing details yet.
LG Q Stylus Specifications
- Dimensions: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 172g
- 6.2-inch FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-core processor clocked at 1.5/1.8GHz
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage (Q Stylus and Q Stylus α), 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (Q Stylus+), expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Q Stylus and Q Stylus+), 13MP (Q Stylus α), LED Flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8MP (Q Stylus and Q Stylus+), 5MP (Q Stylus α)
- DTS:X 3D Surround
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistant (Q Stylus+ and Q Stylus), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3,300mAh with fast charging