At an event in Spain, Xiaomi has today unveiled the second iteration of its Android One line of smartphones. Instead of one, however, the phone maker has launched two models — the Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite. While the Mi A2 is the one with a better set of hardware, the Mi A2 Lite is what the majority of buyers would be interested in, courtesy of the affordable price.
The Mi A2 Lite comes with a slightly smaller 5.84-inch Full HD+ screen. Although in this case, the display has a notch at the top and hence, the 19:9 aspect ratio. In addition, the phone features Xiaomi’s favorite Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset which is the same one found on the older Mi A1 as well. There’s 3GB of RAM, up to 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded through a MicroSD cards slot, and a beefy 4000mAh battery.
The camera setup on the Mi A2 Lite houses a primary 12-megapixel sensor and a secondary 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. On the front, you’ll find a 5-megapixel lens for selfies. Moreover, the phone is compatible with two SIM cards, has a MicroUSB port instead of the Type-C found on the Mi A2, and comes preloaded with a stock build of Android 8.1 out of the box.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is priced at 179 euros for the base 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant, whereas the 64GB model costs 229 euros. Sales commence from August 10th in Spain across Mi stores and other retail partners including Amazon. Unlike the Mi A2, it won’t be arriving in India later.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm; Weight: 178g
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm octa-core Mobile Platform, 2GHz, Adreno 506 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel f/2.2 primary lens, LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, a secondary 5-megapixel f/2.2 lens
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4000mAh battery
Disclosure: The editor of the blog is in Madrid, Spain at the invitation of Xiaomi.