LG’s smartphone business has remained rather silent in India as of late. However, the company is changing that today with the launch of the G7+ ThinQ. The phone, which was originally introduced back in May, features the usual 2018 ingredients including a notched screen. It’s priced at Rs 39,990 and will be available on Flipkart starting from this month’s 10th.
As for the specifications, the LG G7+ ThinQ has a tall 6.1-inch screen on the front which has a resolution of QHD+ and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The phone runs on Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of onboard storage which can be expanded through a MicroSD card slot, and a 3000mAh with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
The rear camera arrangement houses two 16-megapixel snappers, one of which is a wide-angle sensor. The primary lens, in addition, has an impressive aperture of f/1.6 which should come handy under low-light scenarios. Like others in the same field, the G7+ ThinQ’s cameras can also automatically tweak several settings based on the scene. On the front of the phone, you’ll find an 8-megapixel f/1.9 selfie camera.
Out of the box, the LG G7+ ThinQ comes with Android 8.0 with the company’s own skin on top. Moreover, its aluminum exterior is MIL-STD 810G certified for durability and IP68 rated for water as well as dust resistance. A fingerprint sensor is present as well in addition to a software-based face unlock feature.
LG G7 ThinQ Specifications
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 162g
- 6.1-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), LG UX
- 16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, a secondary 16-megapixel camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, 80-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging