The second-generation of Xiaomi’s line of Android One phones, the Mi A2 has finally landed in India. Originally introduced a few weeks ago at an event in Spain, the new Mi A2 brings a set of better cameras, taller screen, and a bunch of other hardware improvements. It will be exclusively available on Amazon for a sum of Rs 16,999 in a handful of color options — Black, Gold, Lake Blue and Rose Gold.
The Xiaomi Mi A2’s biggest highlight, of course, is still the software. It comes preloaded with a stock build of Android 8.1 instead of the company’s own MIUI and will be hopefully first in line for the forthcoming Android Pie update. As for the specifications, the Mi A2 is your usual 2018 mid-range smartphone.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with a 5.99-inch Full HD+ notch-less screen which has an aspect ratio of 18:9. In addition, the phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage and a 3010 mAh battery that does support Quick Charge 4.0+. Although, you’ll have to buy the charger separately. Unlike other regions, Xiaomi is only bringing a single variant to India for now. Xiaomi says it will eventually launch the 6GB RAM variant as well.
On the rear, the Mi A2 has two camera sensors — a primary 12-megapixel f/1.75 lens and another 20-megapixel f/1.75 snapper for depth-sensing. For selfies, you’ll find a 20-megapixel sensor which also offers a Portrait Mode. The fingerprint sensor is situated on the back and the phone comes with a USB Type-C port. It’s also compatible with Dual 4G VoLTE and rocks an IR blaster at the top. The Xiaomi Mi A2 is also the only phone in this price segment to not have a standard headphone jack.
Xiaomi Mi A2 India Availability and Offers
The Xiaomi Mi A2 will be available for pre-order tomorrow on Amazon and Mi.com, shipments for which commence a week later. It will go on sale from this month’s 16th at Mi homes in addition to Amazon and Mi.com. Reliance Jio subscribers can also avail up to 4.5 TB of free data and an instant cashback of Rs 2,200.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 14nm Octa-core Mobile Platform, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel f/1.75 lens, LED flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20-megapixel secondary f/1.75 camera Sony IMX376 sensor
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel, IMX376 sensor, soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery, Quick Charge 4.0+